- Daggett Montessori School
- PTA Meeting Minutes 2-12-20
PTA Meeting Minutes 2-12-20
Daggett Montessori General Meeting Minutes
February 12, 2020
Call to Order at 6:39 P.M.
A. Balance as of Feb 13th is $81,350.06
A. VP of Communications
1. Yearbook orders are due on April 1st
B. VP of Membership
1. Teacher Appreciation Week is April 20-24
C. VP of Fundraising
1. Spring Book Fair is February 18-21 (Tues-Fri)
2. Family Nights scheduled for March 19 (Skate Night), April 1 (Mexican Inn, and May 4 (MELT ice cream).
3. Spring Art Auction is May 15th
D. VP of Advocacy
1. The PTA Rally in Austin is scheduled for February 25 in Austin. There will be live streaming of the Vaping Presentation at 11:30am at the FWISD Professional Development Center building at 3150 McCart Avenue. DMS is also planning on livestreaming the presentation during that time. Please check DragonBytes for more information.
A. Principal Eugenio would like to recognize the students who went to the regional Spelling Bee, District History Fair, and the Whiz Quiz District Competition.
B. He would like to recognize Student Council as they received the Blue Zone Grant in the amount of $5,000. They will be deciding what to do with the money.
C. Blackland Prairie Raptor Center will be visiting the campus on February 19 for the Elementary student and will come on March 4 for the Middle school.
D. The Outdoor Playscapes will be delivered the end of March.
E. Middle School UIL will be Saturday Feb 15.
F. The outdoor track is still on hold due to AT&T. In order for the track to progress, AT&T must come out to relocate the utilities.
A. Incoming Kindergarten students will have their orientation on March 17. In addition, registration is now on a one on one basis with Ana DeLuna.
B. Nominating Committee: Sarah Bahari, Courtney Beames, Carrie Zachry, and Jennifer Douglass will be meeting and looking to fill several PTA positions for next year. If interesting, please contact them. Elections for next year will take place during the April PTA General Meeting on April 16.
C. Ms. Whitman (Theatre) is in charge of Middle school UIL, the Spring Show, and an evening Dinner Theatre show on Mar 5. She makes a motion for $450 to be added to her present budget to cover the cost for these events. Carrie Zachry seconds the motion. The motion passes.
Meeting adjourned at 7:20 P.M.